Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Home Stretch


Recently, I had lunch with my Dad at the Facebook Cafe. We had such a great time and whenever I spend time with my Dad, he always encourages me and I come away feeling as if I know myself better. He had great insight into my life by saying, "Anne-Marie, you carry a lot."


During the football season, a lot is sacrificed on my part, but also on Mikes part. He works countless hours and we are only able to see one another for maybe an hour at a time. A couple months ago, I realized I only saw him 2 hours out of the whole week. Many people ask me how am I able to be alone so much and never see Mike. I never really think about it that way, because to me, it's my dream too. When I married Mike, his dreams became my dreams and maybe I am not in the trenches like Mike, but I called to be his encouragement and supporter.


We are in our last week of football, and I am so sad. I feel like it just began, but I will be happy to have Mike home again. I am grateful for what God has enabled him to do and he isn't just coaching football, he is training boys to be men and I think that's a fine calling.


My dad is right, I do carry a lot and I do pat myself on the back many times, but I am just happy to have Mike by my side. I get to see the United States with him, one football stadium at a time.

No comments: